Friday, October 30, 2009

Because in America Retards Rule

Top Gear in America's redneck country - Times Online
“Y’all queers trying to see how long you can last in a hick town?”

“Ah, er . . .” I looked across at Jeremy, who was staring at her. James was frowning. There was more movement around us on the forecourt now. Trucks were arriving and in the back of them I saw the broad backs and cowboy hats of what I could only imagine were more locals. Where they had sprung from, I had no idea. But I saw they were all carrying guns, propped up against their feet.

“No, look, we’re both mar­ried. Got kids. Just travelling through.”

I pointed at Jeremy on the other side of a fuel pump. “Yup,” he chimed in. “Got kids, and just travelling through.”

An enormous man had come out of the station building now, to stand in the middle of the forecourt. He wore the regulation blue denim overalls, plaid shirt and work boots of a cartoon character and looked like you couldn’t stop him with a train. In an unexpectedly high voice, he started to count.

“Ten. Nine . . . ”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home